Pattern synonyms for 7.8?

Dr. ERDI Gergo gergo at erdi.hu
Mon Jan 13 11:44:07 UTC 2014

On Mon, 13 Jan 2014, Mateusz Kowalczyk wrote:

>> Oh and also, how do I reword the commit message of the single squashed
>> commit? I'm asking because there are some small fixes I'd like to do on
>> the message.
>>
>> Thanks,
>>  	Gergo
>>

> You can do an interactive rebase and stop at the commit you want to
> change. Then use git commit --ammend to change the message. You probably
> don't want to be changing history too much though, it's a pain for
> anyone working on the same branch.

I am well aware of the technical tools Git provides for history rewriting.
My workflow before the pattern synonyms got on a wip branch was that I was
rewriting history all the time, and people basically had a read-only view
via a public GitHub repo that I force-pushed to. But now that it is
happening on GHC repos that I have no push permissions to, I don't know if
someone will for example be willing to force-push any rebased stuff I
might end up with. Who do I even contact to pull onto these wip branches
anyway?

Bye,
 	Gergo

--