Validating with Haddock

Ian Lynagh igloo at earth.li
Tue Jan 7 20:15:47 UTC 2014

On Tue, Jan 07, 2014 at 06:39:36PM +0000, Mateusz Kowalczyk wrote:
> On 07/01/14 18:21, Austin Seipp wrote:
> >
> > Also, the performance failures you're seeing are (I speculate) due to
> > out of date performance numbers. Sometimes these numbers go up or down
> > just due to code churn, but they're sometimes finnicky, because they
> > may depend on the exact time a major GC happens or something. So a
> > small wibble can cause them to sometimes occasionally fail.
>
> These are the numbers from the clean tree.

The haddock perf numbers look pretty bad, especially the
peak_megabytes_allocated:

=====> haddock.base(normal) 429 of 3855 [0, 0, 0]
peak_megabytes_allocated value is too high:
    Expected    peak_megabytes_allocated: 139 +/-1%
    Actual      peak_megabytes_allocated: 180

=====> haddock.Cabal(normal) 430 of 3855 [0, 1, 0]
peak_megabytes_allocated value is too high:
    Expected    peak_megabytes_allocated:  89 +/-1%
    Actual      peak_megabytes_allocated: 150

=====> haddock.compiler(normal) 431 of 3855 [0, 2, 0]
max_bytes_used value is too high:
    Expected    peak_megabytes_allocated: 663 +/-1%
    Actual      peak_megabytes_allocated: 794

I think it would be worth working out what's going on before merging
more haddock changes.

Thanks
Ian