ticket for adding ARM backend to NCG?

Karel Gardas karel.gardas at centrum.cz
Fri Jan 3 11:24:12 UTC 2014

Guys,

I've been tinkering with ARM NCG idea for quite some time now, but
honestly I've been always in doubts if it's the best way for GHC at all.
I've thought that the plan was to kind of move out of NCG to LLVM based
backends and I've though that although this plan may be kind of stuck
now, it's still on the table.

Yes, I know that GHC is volunteering effort so if someone comes and asks
for an ARM NCG implementation merge it'll be probably done in some time,
but I'm not sure if it's what's the most welcome at the end.

Just some of my doubts about it...

I would really appreciate some authoritative word about the topic from
more involved GHC developers... I mean especially about NCG future...

Thanks!
Karel