[commit: packages/base] master: Improve error messages for partial functions in Data.Data (d0b74ca) (Gabor Greif)

Krzysztof Langner klangner at gmail.com
Thu Jan 2 09:54:04 UTC 2014

Hi Gabor,

Thank you for the feedback.
You are right about spelling. I'll fix it.

Regarding refactoring:
If I understand you correctly your suggestion is to add new function which
will wrap error message so the text will be less redundant.

I'm not sure about it. From my experience it is better to leave error
messages as simple as possible. Since when using functions in error
messages it is possible that this function will fail and then you will get
confusing error message (from inside function).
So as a rule of thumb I never add another functions inside error processing
(except the ones which makes message more meaningful).

But that's of course just my point of view.

It is also possible that I didn't understand your proposition correctly :-)

--
Thanks
Krzysztof