Overlapping names in GHC: ConLike

Joachim Breitner mail at joachim-breitner.de
Thu Feb 13 10:21:50 UTC 2014

Hi,

while reading some code I noticed that we use the term “ConLike” for two
different things: From Haskell up to the desugarer, this is a data type
to treat data constructors and pattern synonyms together; afterwards, in
the world of Core, ConLike is an attribute of expression (exprIsConLik)
similar to exprIsHNF.

The former use is newer, introduced by the pattern synonym patch. In the
long run, there is a risk of confusion, maybe we should rename ConLike
module and data type. Any suggestions for a good name?

Greetings,
Joachim

--
Joachim “nomeata” Breitner