GHC ARM64 calling convention

Erik de Castro Lopo mle+hs at mega-nerd.com
Sun Dec 28 10:33:21 UTC 2014

Hi Luke,

I found your llvm git tree which contains a patch [0] implementing the
GHC calling convention for GHC. I also notice that:

a) It has not been submitted upstream.
b) It can be cherry picked and applied on top of current llvm HEAD.
c) It can be applied to the llvm 3.5 tree

and most importantly of all

d) It actually works.

With this patch applied to the llvm 3.5 tree, I was able to build an
x86_64-linux to aarch64-linux cross-compiler which was able to build
a simple "hello world" program that actually ran correctly.

Are you in the process of trying to get this patch into LLVM? Do you need
any help?

Cheers,
Erik

[0] https://github.com/lukexi/llvm/commit/2d351c3d095e2fe42bc287947404d884841a1d01