ANNOUNCE: GHC 7.10.1 Release Candidate 1

Dominic Steinitz dominic at steinitz.org
Wed Dec 24 14:15:27 UTC 2014

http://www.reddit.com/r/haskell/comments/2pnjdk/is_overloadedrecordfields_getting_it_into_7101/

> Greg, thank you for this info. But it is really disappointing.
>
> I was silent about this because it is promised that ORF is included in
> GHC 7.10. If I knew that active feedback was necessary, I could be
> vocal.
>
> --Kazu

Hi Kazu,

You are not the only one that is disappointed.
Records have long been a wart in Haskell (and by long I
mean 25+ years).

Perhaps the readers of this list could read the reddit comments
and propose a way forward?

Dominic.