Triggering a Harbourmaster build on a given commit

Dr. ERDI Gergo gergo at erdi.hu
Mon Dec 22 15:44:43 UTC 2014

Hi,

Thanks for the detailed instructions -- it looks like something that
should be on some wiki somewhere!

However, I got stuck on step 4: it says I do not have permission to manage
Harbormaster build plans and I need an adult^Wadministrator. How do I
proceed?

Thanks,
 	Gergo

On Mon, 22 Dec 2014, Austin Seipp wrote:

> Unfortunately it's a bit hidden in the UI. I'll try to explain:
>
> 1) Go to https://phabricator.haskell.org/harbormaster
>
> 2) On the left side, click on 'Manage Build Plans'
>
> 3) Click on 'Plan 2 - GHC Continuous Integration', which builds commits
>
> 4) On the right-hand side, click 'Run Plan Manually'
>
> 5) In the box, enter the 'object name'. NOTE: the object name is
> DIFFERENT than the raw commit SHA1. In Phabricator, a 'commit object'
> is identified fully by the repository callsign plus the SHA1. In your
> case, you want to test commit 20acaa7785. Therefore, the full object
> name would be 'rGHC20acaa785', just like it appears in the URL you
> posted.
>
> This should do the job. Hope that helps!
>
> On Sun, Dec 21, 2014 at 6:47 AM, Dr. ERDI Gergo <gergo at erdi.hu> wrote:
>> Hi,
>>
>> Given a concrete commit on a non-master branch (e.g.
>> https://phabricator.haskell.org/rGHC20acaa7785d910d36d46c4eae9e9cce4000635d1),
>> how do I manually trigger a Harbourmaster build + validation?
>>
>> Thanks,
>>         Gergo
>>
>> --

>>    \     http://gergo.erdi.hu   \
>>     `---= gergo at erdi.hu =-------'
>> A man's best friend is his dogma.

    \     http://gergo.erdi.hu   \
     `---= gergo at erdi.hu =-------'
Óvakodj a kliséktől: tizenkettő belőlük egy tucat!