Relocating (some of) GHC's core-libraries to github.com/haskell

Simon Marlow marlowsd at gmail.com
Mon Apr 28 08:16:39 UTC 2014

So let me check that I'm understanding correctly.  Right now the source
of truth for these repos is under git.haskell.org/ghc, and you're
proposing that we move the source of truth to github.  In addition we
would still need the git.haskell.org/ghc repos, but they would become
lagging repos tracking the github upstream?

So the situation for pushing to these repos becomes more complex,
becuase we have to push to upstream first, then the lagging repo, and
finally update the submodule link.

I've no objection to hosting issue trackers on github, but I'm concerned
about the repo structure and the workflow for pushing becoming more complex.