Cloning ghc-7.8

Simon Peyton Jones simonpj at microsoft.com
Thu Apr 24 10:38:40 UTC 2014

OK.  So are you saying that you can't reliably change to a different branch in an existing tree, but rather must freshly clone from the source each time you want to check out a different branch?

That seems a bit extreme.  I thought switching branches is precisely what git is good at.

Still I'll blow away my tree and try what you say.

Simon