relocation R_X86_64_32 (Was: GHC HQ on Launchpad)

Joachim Breitner mail at joachim-breitner.de
Tue Apr 8 08:58:11 UTC 2014

Hi,

Am Dienstag, den 08.04.2014, 10:31 +0200 schrieb Herbert Valerio Riedel:
> Just a reminder, as not everybody may be aware yet:
>
> There's already daily GHC HEAD packages for Debian at
>
>   http://deb.haskell.org/

thanks for the reminder. I guess I need to set up something that
notifies me of failures...

Since March 27 weeks, it seems, it is failing:

[..]
configure: Building in-tree ghc-pwd
/usr/bin/ld: utils/ghc-pwd/dist-boot/Main.o: relocation R_X86_64_32 against `stg_CHARLIKE_closure' can not be used when making a shared object; recompile with -fPIC
utils/ghc-pwd/dist-boot/Main.o: could not read symbols: Bad value
configure: error: Building ghc-pwd failed
make: *** [configure-stamp] Error 1
dpkg-buildpackage: error: debian/rules build gave error exit status 2
http://deb.haskell.org/dailies/2014-04-07/ghc_7.9.20140407-0.daily_amd64.build

Any ideas? I’m not an expert on linker issues.

Greetings,
Joachim

--
Joachim “nomeata” Breitner