GHC HQ on Launchpad

Herbert Valerio Riedel hvr at gnu.org
Tue Apr 8 08:31:28 UTC 2014

On 2014-04-04 at 09:05:42 +0200, Edward Z. Yang wrote:
> Hello all,
>
> I've created a GHC team on Launchpad to manage the code imports and
> build recipes https://launchpad.net/~ghc Why? I recently was playing
> around with Launchpad's build recipes service, and realized that this
> could be another helpful source of builds for GHC (resulting in proper
> Ubuntu packages which then can be directly installed by installing a
> PPA).

Just a reminder, as not everybody may be aware yet:

There's already daily GHC HEAD packages for Debian at

  http://deb.haskell.org/

...as well as (more or less) daily Ubuntu 12.04 LTS packages (which work
for later Ubuntu releases as-is) over at

  https://launchpad.net/~hvr/+archive/ghc/+packages

Cheers,
  hvr