Buildbots

Tuncer Ayaz tuncer.ayaz at gmail.com
Tue Apr 1 12:04:36 UTC 2014

On Tue, Apr 1, 2014 at 1:48 PM, Joachim Breitner wrote:
> Hi Tuncer,
>
> Am Dienstag, den 01.04.2014, 13:41 +0200 schrieb Tuncer Ayaz:
> > > Hence: Travis is _not_ going to be a solution for us; we will
> > > want our own infrastructure.
> >
> > I do agree, but if anybody wants to look more closely into using
> > Travis-CI, I suggest to also consider drone.io. It appears to fix
> > some of the shortcomings and annoyances of Travis-CI.
>
> but not the timelimit:
>         Limits
>
>         The following limits are placed upon all builds:
>
>          *  a build cannot exceed 15 minutes (free tier only)
>
> Expect https://drone.io/github.com/nomeata/ghc-complete/1 to fail in
> 10 minutes...

Yeah, but if you're serious about using their service, I wouldn't be
surprised for them to make an exception for some open source projects.
BTW, a reasonable hard timeout makes a lot of sense to me in case a
build can be stuck.

With that being said, I also agree with Karel wrt reinstating the
"old" builder infrastructure, especially considering coverage of
different hardware architectures. In fact, I recall an email from Ian
some time ago with details on what would be required to restore that.