[commit: ghc] master: Fix AMP warnings for explicit Prelude imports (#8004) (b9127f4)

David Luposchainsky dluposchainsky at googlemail.com
Mon Sep 30 09:22:27 UTC 2013

On 2013-09-30 04:00, Patrick Palka wrote:
> + isPrelude :: ImportDecl Name -> Bool
> + isPrelude = (== "Prelude") .  moduleNameString . unLoc . ideclName
>
> Can't you just do unLoc (ideclName imp) == pRELUDE_NAME here?

I think I hardcoded the name because I wanted to make sure not to run
into the problem we've had before again, the "tryTc oddity": what
happens when the Prelude isn't compiled yet and the typechecker refers
to it?

In case Prelude is handled specially here (i.e. pRELUDE_NAME always
makes sense), your suggestion looks like it's a much better way of
writing that definition.

David/quchen