7.8 Release Update

Simon Marlow marlowsd at gmail.com
Tue Sep 10 05:50:57 UTC 2013

Template Haskell *does* work with profiling, you just have to compile the
code without profiling first (Cabal knows how to do this and does it
automatically).

The big obstacles to loading profiled code into ghci are (a) lack of
support in the byte code compiler and interpreter and (b) ghci itself would
need to be a profiled executable.