GHC 7.8 release status

Edsko de Vries edskodevries at gmail.com
Mon Sep 9 14:55:41 UTC 2013

Simon,

I talked to Luite this morning and I think we can come up with a
design that includes the enumeration we prefer, with a single use of
Dynamic in DynFlags -- it involves splitting off a PackageState module
from Packages so that DynFlags doesn't depend on the entirely of
Packages anymore (which would then, transitively, mean that it depends
on Hooks and hence on a large part of ghc), but I think that should be
doable. I'm working on that now.

Edsko