GHC 7.8 release status

Simon Peyton-Jones simonpj at microsoft.com
Mon Sep 9 14:51:40 UTC 2013

Edsko

I'm very short of time right now. I think you understand the issues here.   Can you do a round or two with Luite and emerge with a design that you both think is best?

As I said earlier I'm uncomfortable with doing design work so late in the cycle, and I feel that I don't have time to study the various alternatives properly in the next four days.  But since you tell me it's crucial for GHCJS, I suppose that a possible compromise is this.  We release a GHC with some design for hooks, but specifically say that the hook design is evolving and may well change with the next version.  And then you two, with Thomas and other interested parties, work together to evolve a design that everyone is happy with.

Does that sound ok?

Simon