New official language extension tokens for GHC 7.8.1

Simon Peyton-Jones simonpj at microsoft.com
Mon Sep 2 09:48:58 CEST 2013

| Which of the language extensions listed in `expectedGhcOnlyExtensions`
| in
|

| http://ghc.haskell.org/trac/ghc/browser/testsuite/tests/driver/T4437.hs#
| L33
|
| are deemed ready for public consumption in GHC 7.8.1,

Good question.  Here's the list with my comments. We need input from Ian. on

RelaxedLayout
AlternativeLayoutRule
AlternativeLayoutRuleTransitional
  I have no idea about these three.

AllowAmbiguousTypes
  Yes

ExplicitNamespaces
  Yes (allows you to say 'type (+)' in import/export lists)

TypeHoles
  Yes

OverloadedLists
  Yes