Building GHC head with clang on Mavericks

Nick Partridge nkpart at gmail.com
Thu Nov 21 05:12:21 UTC 2013

I think these are difficult problems to talk about, because there are so
many different versions of things flying about. But if I can sum up what I
think has gone on here, I want to make sure we know what needs to happen
next:

* Kazu has verified that my patches to happy/alex allow us to build HEAD
using GHC 7.6 + GCC 4.8.

* There are separate patches needed for happy/alex to allow building of
HEAD using GHC 7.6 + Clang (and as I see in the other thread, also a patch
for ghc.mk)

Kazu, can you put create pull requests for happy and alex with your
required changes?

If those changes play nice, hopefully we can then ship new versions of
happy and alex for mac users shortly.

- Nick