templateHaskellNames

Richard Eisenberg eir at cis.upenn.edu
Fri Nov 15 14:56:48 UTC 2013

Hi devs,

I happened to be looking through the code dealing with known names, and I'm a little confused about templateHaskellNames. In particular, I'm confused why it's included in knownKeyNames only when GHCI is defined. (See lines 196-198 of HscMain.) It's the stage 1 compiler that compiles the TH library, when the known key names are so important. Couldn't this cause very strange behavior if some of the numbers are changed? Or, am I misunderstanding something here?

This is certainly a minor problem, but it could give someone down the road a headache if it were to happen.

Thanks,
Richard