Setting up a sandboxed installation of GHC HEAD

Richard Eisenberg eir at cis.upenn.edu
Mon Mar 4 18:27:43 CET 2013

I'm not sure if it completely solves your problem, but have you looked into stow (http://www.gnu.org/software/stow/)? Using stow, you install an application into a directory under ~/local/stow (using, say, ./configure --prefix=…) and then the stow executable places symlinks to all of that application's bits in the right places. You can unstow and restow at will. This is how I manage multiple GHC installs, with varying libraries, etc. It takes a little work to understand how it all fits together and to make it happen, but after the upfront investment, it all just works very nicely.

Richard