Setting up a sandboxed installation of GHC HEAD

Jan Stolarek jan.stolarek at p.lodz.pl
Mon Mar 4 17:52:56 CET 2013

I'm trying to set up a sandboxed installation of GHC HEAD with cabal-install and some other
libraries. I need this to run some benchmarks on Repa library. Right now I'm having problems with
bootstraping cabal-install. I managed to work around problems with some pakcages like HTTP that
put upper bound on base version but I'm stuck with cabal-install itself. I modified dependency on
unix package but now I'm getting some compilation errors. I could probably fix them but I guess
that this is not the correct way of setting up a working GHC HEAD installation. So the question
is how should I install cabal-install with HEAD ?

Janek