PROPOSAL: Literate Haskell in markdown noation

David Luposchainsky dluposchainsky at googlemail.com
Mon Jun 24 22:46:56 CEST 2013

On 2013-06-24 22:25, Iavor Diatchki wrote:
> I think that good support for writing literate Haskell in markdown
> notation would be great!  Over the weekend I updated the wiki page with
> a fairly detailed description of the proposal, which Trevor implemented.
>
> What do folks think about the feature, and if we are happy with the
> design, would there be objections if I merged it in?

I'm all for this. Over the years, many markup languages have come up,
and juggling between Mediawiki, Haddoc, HTML, Latex and what not is
really unnecessary. Markdown has reached a certain de-facto standard for
beefed up text files. In the context of Haskell, it's easy to type (bird
tacks are pretty awful to write multiple lines fluently with if you ask
me), and it doesn't look as awkward than literate Tex Haskell, being
readable in text and rendered formats.

David