haddock test suite

Mateusz Kowalczyk fuuzetsu at fuuzetsu.co.uk
Fri Jun 21 14:25:02 CEST 2013

On 21/06/13 12:23, Richard Eisenberg wrote:
>> -----Original Message----- From: ghc-devs-bounces at haskell.org
>> [mailto:ghc-devs- bounces at haskell.org] On Behalf Of Mateusz
>> Kowalczyk
>>
>> This means your GHC is too old. Compile from git and try again.
>
> I don't think that's it -- I merged with HEAD this morning.

That's most strange. Whenever I encounter this CoAxiom error, it has
always just been the case of using a more recent GHC and this has been
consistent across multiple boxes. In fact, I get this error with 7.6.3
(and I don't with 7.7).

>> Out of interest, can you post a link to the changes you made to
>> Haddock if they are up online?
>>

> I just pushed my commit to my github fork:
> https://github.com/goldfirere/haddock/tree/overlapping-tyfams
>
> The commit history may be a little mangled there (I think because I
> don't bother to update master on my fork), but this link shows you
> the changes I made today:
> https://github.com/goldfirere/haddock/commit/66a142f3926d3be0cf9aab97bbc24ce

bfe6b3b16

> (I realize it's redundant to have a fork and then a branch within
> that fork, but it allows for easy integration when I do want to
> commit to the branch on the main repo.)
Is it redundant? I do exactly this. It's easy to merge in changes from
upstream while developing on a separate branch.

> Comments on the code are welcome.
>
> Richard

- --
Mateusz K.