Patch/feature proposal: "Source plugins"

Edsko de Vries edskodevries at gmail.com
Tue Jun 11 10:43:40 CEST 2013

Luite,

On Fri, Jun 7, 2013 at 2:08 PM, Luite Stegeman <stegeman at gmail.com> wrote:

> I'd also be very happy with some plugin interface that allows us to use
> more GhcMake functionality from the GHC API. For GHCJS we would want to run
> our own (STG -> JavaScript) code generator on sources that need to be
> recompiled instead of letting GHC run its pipeline. Do you think that's
> possible with your proposal?

Probably; if you disable ghc's code generator (set hscTarget to HscNothing,
ghcLink to NoLink) ghc will still do the dependency analysis, still process
modules in the right order, and a source plugin still gets called on every
module that gets typechecked correctly -- so you could potentially generate
code at that point?

Edsko