Repo permissions broken

Austin Seipp aseipp at pobox.com
Mon Jul 22 12:46:56 CEST 2013

This should be fixed, try again. I went ahead and added 'chmod -R
g+rw' to the post-receive hook, although I don't know why none of the
other repositories require it, and all of them seem to have the
correct permissions. Maybe I can look into it next time I push.

On Mon, Jul 22, 2013 at 4:56 AM, Simon Marlow <marlowsd at gmail.com> wrote:
> I tried and failed to push to the testsuite repo today.
>
> $ git push
> Counting objects: 12, done.
> Delta compression using up to 8 threads.
> Compressing objects: 100% (7/7), done.
> Writing objects: 100% (7/7), 695 bytes, done.
> Total 7 (delta 5), reused 0 (delta 0)
> error: insufficient permission for adding an object to repository database
> ./objects
>
> fatal: failed to write object
> error: unpack failed: unpack-objects abnormal exit
> To simonmar at darcs.haskell.org:/srv/darcs/testsuite.git
>  ! [remote rejected] master -> master (n/a (unpacker error))
> error: failed to push some refs to
> 'simonmar at darcs.haskell.org:/srv/darcs/testsuite.git'
>
> It looks like we're not setting group write permission correctly after
> commits:
>
> simonmar at ghc:/home/darcs/testsuite.git/objects$ ls -l
> total 136
> drwxr-sr-x 2 ezyang   darcs 4096 Jul 20 22:53 02
> drwxr-sr-x 2 simonmar darcs 4096 Jul 22 09:51 0a
> drwxr-sr-x 2 ezyang   darcs 4096 Jul 20 18:13 0f
>
> I vaguely recall that we used to do this with a post-commit hook to do a
> 'chmod g+w -R' on the tree.  Could someone look into this please?
>
> Cheers,
>         Simon

Regards,
Austin - PGP: 4096R/0x91384671