Build errors on HEAD

Jan Stolarek jan.stolarek at p.lodz.pl
Thu Feb 28 10:09:44 CET 2013

I get this error when building HEAD (8fe04eb):

utils/ghc-pkg/Main.hs:881:3:
    No instance for (Bin.Binary (InstalledPackageInfo_ String))
      arising from a use of `writeBinaryFileAtomic'
    Possible fix:
      add an instance declaration for
      (Bin.Binary (InstalledPackageInfo_ String))
    In the first argument of `catchIO', namely
      `writeBinaryFileAtomic
         filename (map convertPackageInfoOut (packages db))'
    In a stmt of a 'do' block:
      writeBinaryFileAtomic
        filename (map convertPackageInfoOut (packages db))
      `catchIO`
        \ e
          -> if isPermissionError e then
                 die (filename ++ ": you don't have permission to modify this file")
             else
                 ioError e
    In the expression:
      do { let filename = location db </> cachefilename;
           when (verbosity > Normal) $ infoLn ("writing cache " ++ filename);
           writeBinaryFileAtomic
             filename (map convertPackageInfoOut (packages db))
           `catchIO`
             \ e
               -> if isPermissionError e then
                      die (filename ++ ": you don't have permission to modify this file")
                  else
                      ioError e }

Anyone else getting this or is it just me?

Janek