[commit: base] master: Change rules for RealFrac methods to pointfree, so that they can also fire in pointfree use. (4036a1a)

Daniel Fischer daniel.is.fischer at googlemail.com
Wed Feb 27 16:16:09 CET 2013

On Wednesday 27 February 2013, 14:45:35, Simon Peyton-Jones wrote:
> Good, thanks .  But could you add a
>         Note [Write rules in point-free style
>         ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Okay, I'm going to write a note, just need to figure out where to put it.

> to explain what the motivating reason for the change is.  Also an example or
> two.  Perhaps there is a ticket that motivates it?

A Stack Overflow question,

http://stackoverflow.com/questions/14820699/truncating-to-word-type

alerted me to the fact that the rule(s) didn't fire in point-free use.

> Maybe refer to the Note from all the places where it is important?
>
> Simon

Cheers,
Daniel

P.S.: I'm afraid I accidentally pushed two (trivial, fortunately) merge
commits, sorry. Some day I may figure out how to use git.