low-level profiling

Simon Marlow marlowsd at gmail.com
Mon Feb 18 21:13:19 CET 2013

On 18/02/13 17:37, Nicolas Frisby wrote:
> Hmm. build.mk.sample includes
> STRIP_CMD = :
> (so do the build.mk <http://build.mk> files I'm using)
> Is that symbol for something else or is there a typo somewhere?

It looks like the GHC build system uses STRIP_CMD, but the nofib build
system uses STRIP.  We like to keep you on your toes!  (Actually this is
probably because the nofib build system is a snapshot of an old GHC
build system, and at some point we consistently renamed lots of make
variables to be FOO_CMD in GHC).