GHC 7.8 release?

Manuel M T Chakravarty chak at cse.unsw.edu.au
Sat Feb 9 03:04:58 CET 2013

I completely agree with Johan. The problem is to change core APIs too fast. Adding, say, SIMD instructions or having a new type extension (that needs to be explicitly activated with a -X option) shouldn't break packages.

I'm all for restricting major API changes to once a year, but why can't we have multiple updates to the code generator per year or generally release that don't affect a large number of packages on Hackage?

Manuel