GHC 7.8 release?

Simon Peyton-Jones simonpj at microsoft.com
Thu Feb 7 22:37:52 CET 2013

fantastic thanks

From: Johan Tibell [mailto:johan.tibell at gmail.com]
Sent: 07 February 2013 17:56
To: Simon Peyton-Jones
Cc: ghc-devs at haskell.org
Subject: Re: GHC 7.8 release?

Hi Simon,

Starting with the 7.8 release cycle, I will try to run all of nofib and compare the results to the previous release (i.e. 7.6.2) to see if we have any regressions. That way we can catch them before the release.

In the future I intend to set up a build bot that runs nightly and sends out an email if there's a regression above some threshold. That way we should catch regressions earlier, when they're easier to (fix i.e. when you still have your recent changes fresh in your head).

-- Johan