simd branch ready for review

Carter Schonwald carter.schonwald at gmail.com
Mon Feb 4 22:34:37 CET 2013

I'm really excited to see this merged in! Props on all involved

*question 1*: Will this be included in the upcoming 7.8 release?

*question 2*: I see that some of the useful (albeit specialized) SSE
primops aren't included, though it looks like adding them (at least for
platforms that support them)
would be largely mechanical..... If adding those primops is something GHC
HQ would welcome (ignoring the sorting out the whole supporting SSE2 vs
full AVX discussion), I'm more than happy to spend some time turning the
crank to add those primops.

thanks
-Carter Schonwald