Cannot make ghc: Failed to load interface for GHC.Base

David Luposchainsky dluposchainsky at googlemail.com
Thu Aug 29 16:27:07 CEST 2013

On 2013-08-29 12:20, Dan Rosén wrote:
> I'm getting this build error when compiling GHC

Just as a remark, I'm getting the same error, presumably because Dan and
me were working on the same modules. To put the error in perspective,
here's how I got it: After editing a few lines in PrelNames.lhs and
TcRnDriver.lhs, I felt like it was time to rebuild GHC again from
scratch, so I did the usual clean-and-make-again. However, it seems like
Base simply isn't built, all the packages are skipped for some reason
(search for "Configuring array-0.4.0.2..." in Dan's log for example).

I've had this issue in the past, and none of
clean/distclean/maintainer-clean helped solve it. In the end I just
deleted the folder and cloned a new version, but that's hardly a
solution I'd like to use every time, especially when I've done code
changes (generate and then reapply patch manually).

David