DNS entry for git.haskell.org active now!

Simon Peyton-Jones simonpj at microsoft.com
Tue Aug 20 08:48:26 CEST 2013

Thanks.  Some quick questions

1. What's the difference between ghc.haskell.org and git.haskell.org?

2. Is there anything to choose between these two?
  ./sync-all -r     git://git.haskell.org remote set-url origin
  ./sync-all -r    http://git.haskell.org remote set-url origin

3. The repositories page http://ghc.haskell.org/trac/ghc/wiki/WorkingConventions/Repositories says "this page has been replaced by "Repositories" but the link is circular.. leads to the same page.

4. The Gitolite plan page http://ghc.haskell.org/trac/ghc/wiki/GitolitePlan is very helpful, but is in the nature of a "delta"/change-over plan.  Are you planning to replace it (perhaps on "Repositories"?) with instructions for how to use the new setup?  I think that would be v helpful for dolts like me.

Simon