NOTICE: Gitolite migration is complete.

Herbert Valerio Riedel hvr at gnu.org
Sat Aug 10 12:33:16 CEST 2013

Hello Malcolm,

On 2013-08-10 at 09:57:34 +0200, Malcolm Wallace wrote:
>> * None of you have shell access to ghc.haskell.org anymore (well,
>> this is a nice update for us administrators :)
> Is ghc.haskell.org the same machine as darcs.haskell.org?

Yes

> I notice that my nightly build of nhc98 failed a few hours ago with the error:
>
> darcs failed:  Not a repository: darcs.haskell.org:/home/darcs/nhc98 ((scp) failed to fetch: darcs.haskell.org:/home/darcs/nhc98/_darcs/inventory)
>
> whilst it certainly succeeded the night before.
> Also, manual use of ssh now refuses me access to the machine:
>
> $ ssh darcs.haskell.org
> Permission denied (publickey).
>
> Anything you can do to fix that?  Darcs depends on the ssh protocol
> for transfers.

Btw, I assumed Darcs required only ssh for write access to a Darcs repo?

However, if this helps, we could create a user account 'darcs' (in the
style of the current 'git' gitolite user) with a darcs-wrapper.pl and
add the ssh pubkeys from users needing darcs/ssh access as described in
[1]; this would still satisfy the least-privilege principle as no full
shell account would be given out on ghc.haskell.org.

Would that help?

 [1]: http://darcs.net/RepoViaSSH