Stage1Only

Simon Marlow marlowsd at gmail.com
Tue Apr 30 10:41:43 CEST 2013

On 15/04/13 22:25, Trevor Elliott wrote:
>> In retrospect I should have used a different name.  Feel free to fix it
>> (and the wiki page).
>
> I've created a ticket with a patch that I think addresses this issue
> [1].  The patch adds a mechanism that allows packages and programs to be
> disabled when building with a specific stage of GHC.  It also adds a
> default set of disabled packages when Stage1Only is set.

I'm a bit confused - what is the issue that you want to "fix"?  The fix
I suggested was to change the name of Stage1Only to more closely reflect
what it actually does: disable the building of the stage 2 compiler
*binary* but not the *package*, and install the stage 1 compiler.  If
you additionally want to disable the stage 2 package, you can add
stage=1 to your build.mk, though the only reason to do that would be to
speed up the build in cases where you don't need stage 2.

What is it that actually goes wrong for you?