Stage1Only

Trevor Elliott trevor at galois.com
Mon Apr 15 23:25:15 CEST 2013

> In retrospect I should have used a different name.  Feel free to fix it
> (and the wiki page).

I've created a ticket with a patch that I think addresses this issue
[1].  The patch adds a mechanism that allows packages and programs to be
disabled when building with a specific stage of GHC.  It also adds a
default set of disabled packages when Stage1Only is set.

A side effect of this change is that no package adds an RTS dependency
when Stage1Only is enabled, so I've also added all_rts to the all target
in rts/ghc.mk.  I wasn't able to figure out where the dependency on the
all_rts target comes from, so if that change doesn't make sense I'm
happy to modify the attached patch :)

--trevor

[1] http://hackage.haskell.org/trac/ghc/ticket/7841