HEAD build fails on OS X

Kazu Yamamoto ( 山本和彦 ) kazu at iij.ad.jp
Sat Apr 13 04:06:40 CEST 2013

Gabor,

> I thought this issue is closed, until I tried to re-bootstrap on OS X
> with a freshly built GHC from HEAD as bootstrap compiler. I get the
> same trap, and the ffi dylib issue. 7.7-20130223 works, yesterday's
> version doesn't. The problem appears already while configuring. Could
> you try to reproduce this?

Yes, I can reproduce it.

After "make install", the installed GHC refers libffi in the build
directory.

% otool -L ghc | grep libffi
     /Users/kazu/work/ghc/libffi/build/inst/lib/libffi.6.dylib (compatibility version 7.0.0, current version 7.0.0)

So, after I did "make maintainer-clean", the installed GHC could not
find a libffi.

Note that I did not specify "--with-system-libffi" to "configure" in
this case.

--Kazu