[GHC DevOps Group] The future of Phabricator

Simon Marlow marlowsd at gmail.com
Tue Oct 30 08:54:44 UTC 2018

Just on this particular point, and narrowing to ghc-devops only:

On Tue, 30 Oct 2018 at 04:54, Ben Gamari <ben at well-typed.com> wrote:

> For one, at this point we have no options for support in the event that
> something goes wrong as the company responsible for Phabricator,
> Phacility, has closed their support channels to non-paying customers.
> Furthermore, in the past year or two Phacility has been placing their
> development resources in the parts their customers pay them for, which
> appear to be much different that the parts that we actively use. For
> this reason, some parts that we rely on seem oddly half-finished.

Part of the point of the ghc-devops group was that we could pool funds to
pay for infrastructure. So this doesn't seem like a blocker - in practical
terms would we be able to get the support we need from Phacility for a
reasonble amount? (I realise it's by no means the only problem that you
raised in your message though, I'll also respond on the main thread)

Cheers
Simon