[GHC DevOps Group] CI

Ben Gamari ben at well-typed.com
Thu Oct 12 17:07:02 UTC 2017

"Boespflug, Mathieu" <m at tweag.io> writes:

> Some extra points by Jonas, that I'm just forwarding:
>
> - CircleCI & Appveyor Cons: dependent on third-party for feature development.
> - Funding: on one side we have free RackSpace servers, on the other
> side CircleCI might be willing to fund as well.

Right, I think one of us should get in touch with CircleCI to see
whether they would be willing to offer us an extension of their usual
open-source offer. That would certainly change the equation a bit.
Perhaps Manuel or I could do this?

> - Incident report regarding Jenkins: even with sandboxing, the
> security record of Jenkins has been patchy.

This is very true. Since we started looking at Jenkins I've been
subscribed to their security list. The number and severity of issues
that I see announced on that list does indeed give me pause.

Cheers,

- Ben