[Hs-Generics] Paper about comparing libraries

Neil Mitchell ndmitchell at gmail.com
Sun Jun 17 20:17:58 EDT 2007

Hi

> I'd love to add Uniplate to the benchmark suite

I've written three patches for the generics benchmark, the first adds
deriving Data/Typeable to the Perfect data type. The second implements
the following benchmarks for Uniplate:

* Paradise
* FoldTree
* Nested
* Reduce

The third fixes up the Reduce benchmark for Uniplate to meet the spec.
All the four modules implemented pass their test, and I think meet the
required spec. I doubt that Uniplate can do any of the other
benchmarks, apart from possibly the efficiency test - but I couldn't
figure out what that benchmark is meant to do.

Please apply, thanks

Neil