[Hs-Generics] Re: HaWiki and darcs

Manuel M T Chakravarty chak at cse.unsw.edu.au
Thu Oct 5 15:43:27 EDT 2006

Bruno Oliveira:
> Manuel: Would you like to go ahead and set up the repository? James Cheney
> already send some code that can go there.

Ok.

> Regarding the wiki (sugested by Simon P. Jones) I can post the summary I sent
> previously if someone tells me how to create a new WikiPage :)
> I was playing around HaWiki and modifying pages is quite simple, but I could not figure
> out how to create a new page...
>
> I was also considering adding an entry to:

Yes, and that will also solve the page creating problem.  In a wiki, to
create a new page, first edit an existing page by adding text including
a link to the new (not yet existing) page.  After you saved that edited
page, click on the new link (to the not yet existing page).  The wiki
will then ask you whether you want to create that page.

> http://haskell.org/hawiki/CommunityIssues
>
> linking to the new page -- something like "Generics: Discussion on a generic programming
> library for Haskell". Would this be an adequate location?

The libraries and tools page may be more appropriate:

  http://haskell.org/haskellwiki/Libraries_and_tools

It has a list of categories to which you might want to add a new
category "Generic Programming".  This might then serve as an index page
for generic programming-related pages on the wiki.

Be careful as the category page should be a *sub-page* of the libraries
and tools page.  If you are unsure how to achieve that, let me know and
I can create the page.

Manuel