[Hs-Generics] A Lightweight Implementation of Generics and Dynamics (LIGD)

Manuel M T Chakravarty chak at cse.unsw.edu.au
Tue Oct 3 13:33:43 EDT 2006

Bruno Oliveira:
> 2) Johan also mentioned a darcs/svn repository for the resulting paper/document. I think this
> is a great idea. Is anyone taking care of this?
> It would also be a good idea to use the repository to store some code for the different
> approaches. This way people who would like to experiment with code, would not have to repeat
> the task individually. What do you think?

I'd say darcs.haskell.org is the right place for that.

> Approach: A Lightweight Implementation of Generics and Dynamics
[..]
>  It is a bit
> outdated because with GADTs, the use can be slightly simplified. However, this also
> takes us further away from Haskell 98 or even Haskell' (since GADTs will not be there).

The 2nd Haskell' StrawPoll

  http://hackage.haskell.org/trac/haskell-prime/wiki/StrawPoll-2

had for GADTs

  5 Y
  4 M
  4 N

So, it's currently undecided whether they will be in.  (And personally,
I don't think we should hold ourselves up with H98.)

Manuel