Finali[zs]ers

Simon Marlow simonmar at microsoft.com
Mon Oct 14 13:08:42 EDT 2002

> Thanks to everyone who has contributed to this discussion so
> far.  Since
> there are a lot of subtle points to be considered at once, I
> thought I'd
> try to write a summary of the issues raised so far.
>
> I'll put something in the repository so we can all hack on it.
> Hopefully I'll have something ready later today.

I've added a finalizer rationale document to the repository, under
haskell-report/ffi (i.e. the same place as the FFI spec).  If you have
CVS commit privs, please feel free to modify it, or otherwise suggest
changes on this list.

It's not quite finished, but I'm going a bit bleary-eyed so I thought
I'd give others a chance to bash it around a bit.