HTML Please

Malcolm Wallace Malcolm.Wallace at cs.york.ac.uk
Wed Jul 3 06:13:14 EDT 2002

Ashley Yakeley <ashley at semantic.org> writes:

> TeX and PostScript are very difficult to deal with if you don't have a
> printer. I can convert the PS to PDF, but of course TeX has its own font
> system that generates bitmaps, that end up illegible in Acrobat unless
> you expand it to around 48pt.

Try using pdflatex instead of plain latex to generate a PDF directly
from the LaTeX source.  It gives much better font reproduction.

> Would it be possible to provide addenda to the Report in the same
> formats the Report itself is available in, or at least something
> online-friendly?

Note to authors: HeVeA is an excellent LaTeX->HTML converter, and it's
even written in a functional language (OCaml).
    http://pauillac.inria.fr/~maranget/hevea/

Regards,
    Malcolm