Generating Function Prototypes

Ashley Yakeley ashley at semantic.org
Wed Jul 3 05:47:07 EDT 2002

I've been having trouble with an imported function that returns
Int64/"long long". Haskell doesn't generate a prototype, so regular 'int'
type is assumed.

Why doesn't Haskell generate a prototype from the 'foreign import'
declaration, as part of the -fvia-C compilation? When the prototype is
omitted, a default one is assumed. Surely FFI can improve on the default
with the information given by the 'foreign import' declaration?

In the mean time, how do I work around the problem and provide a
prototype myself?

--
Ashley Yakeley, Seattle WA