[Fedora-haskell] [FYI] ghc now in Fedora Extras

Jens Petersen petersen at haskell.org
Tue Jun 7 08:37:32 EDT 2005

Seth Kurtzberg wrote:
> Any reports on how this has worked when used with to augment an existing
> FC3 installation?  I realize that this is exactly the purpose, I'm only
> asking whether we have any field reports that will make my system
> administrators feel that it is less risky?

Well Fedora Extras focuses on high quality packaging -- there is
quite strict reviewing of new packages -- so packages there should
be safe as far as upgradability and not interfering with installations
goes.  Fwiw I would say the standard of packaging in Extras is at least
as high as in Core.

> I know, there really isn't any risk, but we aren't necessarily talking
> about rational people here.  :)

:-)

Jens