Release planning?

Mikhail Glushenkov mikhail.glushenkov at gmail.com
Wed Dec 16 22:48:49 UTC 2015

Hi Simon,

On 14 December 2015 at 14:03, Simon Peyton Jones <simonpj at microsoft.com> wrote:
> |  Yes, there will be a release of Cabal/cabal-install together with GHC
> |  8.
>
> Can I ask what will be in it?  Specifically, I would love to know
> what you plan concerning the issues in this snip:

I've just posted a status update to the cabal-dev mailing list:

http://article.gmane.org/gmane.comp.lang.haskell.cabal.devel/10456

Cabal/cabal-install 1.24 will include Duncan's no-reinstall work in
some form (likely a "technical preview"). The Cabal library parts have
just been merged. Gershom's minimal HP patch is already in Cabal
master.

It's possible that cabal-install 1.24 will not be released
simultaneously with Cabal 1.24, so the HP 8 release may also be
delayed a little bit.