Cabal- and cabal-install- releases made

Jens Petersen juhp at
Fri Mar 7 04:41:51 UTC 2014

On 5 March 2014 06:28, Johan Tibell <johan.tibell at> wrote:

> I've just made a release of Cabal/cabal-install, for the benefit of GHC
> 7.8.

I have now built them for Fedora 19 and 20 in my Fedora Copr repos: (static only)

You can also browse the repo at <> for

Some notes: since the ghc-Cabal-devel package conflicts with the one in the
Fedora repos I built it in a separate copr repo and then built
cabal-install separately on top of that in its own repo so cabal-install
can be updated without having to touch the system Cabal library (since
other Fedora packages are linked to it), but I think some of the newer
cabal-install features will not work unless one installs Cabal-1.18.

Let me know if you have any problems or feedback on the packages/repos.