Library version choosing of cabal sandbox build

Daniel Trstenjak daniel.trstenjak at gmail.com
Tue Jul 15 10:48:53 UTC 2014

Hi,

if I'm having a cabal file without an upper bound for a library, the
newest available version of the library is 3, there's a local/user
installation of the version 2 of the library, which version of the
library is a cabal sandbox build supposed to use?

In my case I can see that version 2 of the library is used. If this
is intended, how can I ensure that always the newest version is used
independent of any local/user installations?

Thanks!

Greetings,
Daniel